- 6 Apples, cores removed
- 1/4 cup Walnut pieces, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- Juice of half a lemon
- 8 pitted Dates, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp Grape juice
- 1 Tbsp melted Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Coconut yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Brush a little lemon juice into apple cavities to stop them from browning.
- Combine walnuts and dates in a bowl with almond meal, salt, spices, grape juice, coconut sugar and melted coconut oil. Mix well.
- Place apples on a baking tray.
- Add the date mixture to the apples, filling the cavities and allowing any excess to top the apples. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the apples are very soft and the filling is dark golden.
Cool slightly and serve with coconut yoghurt.