- 1/2 Broccoli head, cut into thin slices
- 3/4 Cauliflower head, cut into thin slices
- 400gm Mushrooms sliced
- 2 skinless Chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped up into small pieces
- 1 cup Coconut or Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add coconut oil. Once hot, add chicken and sauce for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Layer the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and cooked chicken in a casserole dish, season with salt and pepper in between layers.
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the egg and chicken broth until well combined. Pour over the casserole mixture. cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with almonds and bacon. Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until almonds are lightly toasted and the casserole is bubbly.