- Leftover carcasses, skin and bones from 3 cooked chickens
- 4-5 carrots, peeled
- 1 leek, cut in half length-wise and rinsed
- 3-4 celery stalks, including tops
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 whole peppercorns
- Half a bunch of parsley
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- Place your leftover chicken scraps in a stockpot. Add remaining ingredients.
- Fill the pot with cold water until everything is covered by the water.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 8 hours and skim off any foam floating on the top.
- Strain the stock through a sieve and discard bones and veggies.
- Refrigerate overnight and remove solidified fat from the top.
Ready to use
Can store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to three months.