- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 large Apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 900g Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 400ml can of Coconut milk
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 1 cup diced Onion
- 1 and a half tsp sea Salt
- 4 cups water, plus more if soup is too thick
- Chopped coriander
- Plain dairy free Coconut yoghurt
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over low-medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté with the ginger, salt, and curry powder, stirring frequently until the onions are soft and translucent, about five to 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and apple, and continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and water to the pot and increase the heat. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- When the carrots and apple are soft, after about 20 to 30 minutes of simmering, purée the soup until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add warm water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with a dollop of plain dairy free coconut yoghurt and chopped coriander.