Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 large Kumara, cubed
- 4 strips Bacon
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 can Coconut milk, full fat
- Grill bacon till crispy, allow to cool and chop roughly.
- Place a large pot on medium to high heat. Add the coconut oil, leeks and kumara. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the kumara is soft.
- Add the broth and chopped bacon and bring to a simmer. Add the soup to a blender until liquified. Add the coconut milk and blend until fully combined.
- Pour the soup into the pot and bring to a simmer again.