- 1 tbsp lard
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Heat the lard at medium temperature in a small pot.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and tomato paste, bring to the boil then simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and whizz together until smooth.
- Return to the stove and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.