- 4 steaks, 2-4cm thick
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add steaks and sear for 3-5 minutes per side. Remove steaks to a plate and allow to rest.
- Reduce the pan to a medium heat and add the shallots with a few teaspoons of the beef broth. Add the tomatoes and cook for about a minute to soften them.
- Add the remaining broth, rocket and balsamic vinegar and cook until the rocket is wilted.
- Arrange the steaks on plates and top with sauce. Serve.